California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
Effective Date: October 2, 2021
IndustryVault complies with all privacy laws applicable to our Service. We also designed, developed and deployed the Service so that customers can use it in compliance with data privacy laws. Beginning January 1, 2020, the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA) governs how businesses process the personal information of California residents. It is intended to strengthen the privacy rights of individuals and includes requirements regarding the collection, use, disclosure, and “sale” of personal information.
The CCPA applies to any for-profit entity doing business in California that collects and controls the processing of a California residents’ personal information and meets any of the following three thresholds:
• Has annual gross revenue exceeding $25 million;
• Obtains the personal information of 50,000 or more California residents, households, or devices annually, or;
• Derives 50% or more annual revenue from selling California residents’ personal information.
Rights Regarding Personal Information
The CCPA also gives California residents certain rights over their personal information, including the rights to:
• Know what personal information has been collected about them over the last 12 months, the sources from which it has been collected, and how it has been used;
• Know whether their personal information has been sold to or shared with other parties and the identities of those third parties;
• Access and/or delete their personal information;
• Opt-out of the sale of their personal information, and;
• Equal service and price, even if an individual has exercised their privacy rights under the CCPA.
IndustryVault’s Compliance as a Business
IndustryVault has implemented a comprehensive CCPA compliance program governing how it collects, uses and discloses personal information of California residents for its own business operations. IndustryVault does not sell personal information to third parties. For more information about how we process personal information under the CCPA, see the CCPA Section of IndustryVault’s Privacy Notice.
IndustryVault’s Compliance as a Service Provider
For our customers who collect personal information from California residents, IndustryVault acts as a “service provider” under the CCPA. This means that IndustryVault only processes the customer data that our customers load onto our service, including any personal information of California residents, for the limited purpose of providing the IndustryVault service.